Nothing to do with Linux Re: 2021
B1ackwater
2021-01-07 05:47:44 UTC
On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 07:27:23 -0800, Bobbie Sellers
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Nothing to do with Linux Re: 2021
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 07:27:23 -0800
On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 03:36:29 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
Have the best 2021 you can considering the Covid-19
and the violent members of the Trump De-evolution to the
problems we face.
I'm gonna miss the Orange Jesus. No doubt we will return to Solemn And
Considered Programs Of Social Action.
Just as I was starting to enjoy the circus.
It will not be long before you badly MISS the "Orange Jesus".
Just sayin' ...
You will be voting for him/Don/Ivanka in '24 ... but of course
it won't count because the election system has been so
totally corrupted by the further lefties ....... it will remind us
of how Saddam Hussain always got 99% of the vote .......
If I am alive and all of 87 in 2024 I will not vote for any
Trump, as none of them have shown any capability to do the work of a
President. Maybe a dog catcher or a garbage collector but not a
Water Commissioner.
Commie, commie or commie ... your future "choices".
But again this has nothing to do with Linux.
Biden and Harris won because Traditional Republicans split
their votes for saner Biden/Harris and then down ballot went for
allegedly Republican Senators and Representatives.
"Commie" goes back to the 1950s and through the Cold War when the big
bad USSR fell over from exhaustion. Most of the radical Left
in the USA does not even remember those days nor does the radical Right,
except to use it to characterize its opponents. It has been doing that
since Roosevelt and Radar won the WW II but the Republican party has
moved so far to the Right since Eisenhower that it is only the party
of millionaires, but not the party of Lincoln.
I'm old enough to remember exactly what "commie" means.

There are a lot of ex-USSR/Cuba/STASI-East-Germans/Cambodians
who damned well know as well. They ARE out there, you only have
to talk to them.

"Utopia" - for the masters. Pure Hell for everyone else. Fascism
was simple and mellow by comparison. Carefully re-read your
Orwell, he understood the reality-bending aspects quite well.
We saw it just the other day when Pelosi voted to ban "gender
based" language in the Congress. Far-leftism is beyond Orwellian,
beyond Kafkaesque - more "Dali-esque" surrealism. The idea is
to make sure nobody understands anything - the death of Reality.

But again this has nothing to do with Linux.
The Natural Philosopher
2021-01-07 06:29:41 UTC
Post by B1ackwater
I'm old enough to remember exactly what "commie" means.
There are a lot of ex-USSR/Cuba/STASI-East-Germans/Cambodians
who damned well know as well. They ARE out there, you only have
to talk to them.
"Utopia" - for the masters. Pure Hell for everyone else. Fascism
was simple and mellow by comparison. Carefully re-read your
Orwell, he understood the reality-bending aspects quite well.
We saw it just the other day when Pelosi voted to ban "gender
based" language in the Congress. Far-leftism is beyond Orwellian,
beyond Kafkaesque - more "Dali-esque" surrealism. The idea is
to make sure nobody understands anything - the death of Reality.
But again this has nothing to do with Linux.
Actually it does. Linux, free software, the Internet and open source is
something that would never ever happen in a totalitarian regime.

I remember back in the day when we were pushing TCP/IP against the
government approved big businesses designed X protocols, that people
objected to SMTP email on the grounds it had no mechanism to tell you if
delivery had been achieved. We pointed out that it was far more often
achieved than with X400!

It is a question of design by committee, implemented by worker ants over
decades, versus designed by a couple of blokes in a
shed/garage/basement/skunk works,. and succeeding because its right
there at the time when it's needed.

Remember Interop? we didn't refer boundary implementation problems to a
central committee or authority to arbitrate over whose protocol was not
working, or to assign blame, we worked out why kit wouldn’t talk, fixed
it till it did, and then wrote that up as an RFC which other people
could comply with, if they wanted to sell stuff, or not, if they didn't.

That whole model is deeply libertarian and market orientated. It was
absolutely the opposite if the top down 'dirigiste' style thinking of
the Left.

It is all about a free economy that grows where it finds nourishment and
dies where it finds none, versus a planned centralised economy and
society which keeps things going when they should die and stifles new
growth because it wasn't planned.

Forget personalities: Think system theory. Which responds better to
changing conditions, a slow highly centralised control system where each
and every detail is analysed by a central authority, or a decentralised
system where feedback is localised and local decisions are taken
locally, and only broad strategic feedback is applied overall?

Imagine device drivers written in BASIC and run as part of the central
core programs

That's Big State. Trying to achieve world government, and a flat uniform
society that all buys McDonalds, uses Amazon and face-book and Microsoft
windows.

The UK, having left the EU, is now injecting people with any frigging
vaccine that has a chance of working. The European Union is still
debating over which one is best...and the drug companies are lobbying
hard, brown envelopes are doubtless being passed, and no doubt the
approved vaccine will be from the biggest European drug company with the
deepest pockets. And no alternatives will be tried at all.

Uniformity, versus diversity, sluggish bureaucratic centralisation
versus vibrant unplanned market economy.Rule by people with
qualifications versus rule by people who succeeded.

Never mind trump, are you at heart a 'liberal' - in favour of
centralised controlled society (for the best possible reasons of
COURSE!), or a libertarian, in favour of society going wherever it can
find its own nourishment?

The USA has been slavishly following the European road to communism, in
the guise of a moral crusade. Run by big business for big business - how
much easier it is to have a product stamped 'government approved' than
to ensure it is actually of quality and what people actually want!

A lot of people voted for Trump. Is one half of America really stupid,
ignorant, deplorable and lacking in moral conscience?

Strangely, when more than half (of the people who bothered to vote)
voted to leave the EU, we got *exactly* the same description applied to
*us*.

How could the USA vote for such a terrible man?

Perhaps because he wasn't ramming a woke agenda down their throats
strangling off their free enterprise and handing it all to a
multinational on a plate.

You are still free to vote, but in this welter of fake news, propaganda,
glove puppets, zombies and outright lies, do you know who you are
*really* voting for? Or what their agenda *really* is?
--
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.”

Thomas Sowell